It’s been quiet on CodeBlog.ch but I wasn’t taking a break from writing, I just spent my writing time on a new book.
You can already order it on amazon http://amzn.to/159G3cG or directly from the publisher: http://www.packtpub.com/creating-concrete5-themes/book.
The book focuses on concrete5 themes. It’s assumed that you have some experience with HTML and CSS and also know how to read PHP code. Some programmierung experience is recommended!
You’ll be guided through the book by the following sequence:
- Installation and usage of concrete5 – a few words about the installation as well as the basics to know if you want to work with concrete5 as an end-user
- A quick look at the architecture of concrete5 – a first glimpse under the hood of concrete5
- creating themes – the main part
- Customizing block layouts – a few examples showing you how to change the look of the blocks to get more out of your concrete5 site
- A small chapter explaining how to change the look for single pages – the 404 or login page among others
- A short introduction into responsive layouts and how you can use these techniques in concrete5
I hope you’ll find it useful and will build lots of great sites with concrete5!